Louie, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My email is. I have a Sony rear projection tv which takes

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my email is***@******.***. I have a Sony rear projection tv which takes bulb 2400. Bought bulb, put it in, turned on tv and the light turns green then after a few seconds, it blinks red 3 times! Ugh! Atmy wits end! Don't know what else to try (not good at all with electronics and lucky to be able to get on email!) before calling a repair man! Miss my tv after almost 3 weeks without it! Any advice?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: g-mail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Like I said, not good with electronics, computers included! I turn on computer, MSN.com is there, type in g-mail and when it's there put in my password. Does this help?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Bought new bulb 2400, put it in. turned on tv, fan started running, green light turned on then after maybe 3 seconds red light came on and blinked 3x's. The company sent me another bulb thinking it might be defective, I got it installed it held my breath but same thing happened. My best friend looked up manual with troubleshooting and I tried plugging it into the wall but with same results! I lost my husband a year ago in August, so I am at a loss to get this tv going! He could fix anything, me, no!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have coved everything I can think of. Will they be messaging on my email or like we have been messaging here?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Debbie and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Sony rear projection tv..."

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have several numbers that my husband (who passed away one year ago in August) had wrote down on a piece of paper they are KDF-50E2000, RM107. LE0025339. I do know this tv takes bulb 2400. Any of this help?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If not, where is model number located? Were any of those numbers the right one?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Appreciate the additional information; a Sony KDF-50E2000.

And yes, an XL-2400 is a replacement.

Was it just the bulb/amp that was replaced? ...or was it complete assembly with housing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought the whole housing. I would not know how to connect you to the tv
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would not feel comfortable removing back of tv or anywhere else to look for a problem. If nothing simple for me to do, I would just like you to tell me, do not charge my credit card, and I will just have to find a repair service at this point. Thank-you
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

It's alright and thank you for your kind understanding of automated / machine generated system offers / services.

Have you re-checked and ensured that the lamp cover / door is fully closed and locked ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done that MANY, MANY times with no success! I am at a loss at this point and like I said, I am NOT good with electronics so would not feel comfortable going into the tv and checking around!
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, if the lamp cover / door is confirmed to be fully closed and locked, then it would be the door sensor that may have faulted. It would be an internal hardware issue.

Based on "...find a repair service...", would you like a LINK to possible repair shops near you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that would be great and what would be the charge for you to do this? At this point I am on a fixed income and don't know what it has cost me to speak to you, then to have to also pay a repair service.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Sorry Debbie but my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues; not on billings & payments.

Still, please click HERE.

Select your location/state, key in your Zip Code and the click on the Submit button. New page would display list of TV repair shops.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would it be ok if we just disconnect now and I will go start calling out of the phone book?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, is there any special way I have to do to disconnect to stop our conversation? Don't want this to keep running if I don't do it right!
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Again I understand and no prob.

Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support. Please click HERE or go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank-You Louie!
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Good luck Debbie and thank you too for trying this site.