James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I'm blocked out of my e-mail. I have filled out the form to

Customer Question

This is Bill Ringhiser (*****@******.***) and I'm blocked out of my e-mail. I have filled out the form to recover my account (I recently got notice that many accounts have been breached). However, when I tried to answer the questions, I am unable to tell you who I recently sent e-mails to because 1. I have a new computer and 2. I rarely send e-mails and haven't sent any since getting the new computer, therefore I am unable to supply that information. I don't even send my kids e-mails. I recently ordered something online and was going to send them an e-mail to check status when this all happened. How can I recover my e-mail account?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Outlook I believe it is
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser .... MSN
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just followed these directions, got the code and then tried to answer the questions, but I can't because I haven't sent any e-mails recently as the "form" requests. Here is the e-mail I received when I requested to recover the account:
We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account***@******.***. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.
We have taken the additional step of blocking your account***@******.*** until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account, and protect you from any possible malicious activity.
Please submit a new account verification form
At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely as possible.
> Submit a new form
Helpful tips for filling out another form:
Answer as many questions as you can.
Use the information you provided when you created the account, or last updated it.
Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.
You will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from family members, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails they sent you.
Make sure to use the correct domain for your account, such as hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com. Keep in mind that your email address may be country specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be “hotmail.co.se” rather than “hotmail.com”.
Ready?
> Submit a new form
Thank you,
Microsoft Support Team
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
USA
Account recovery request###-##-####is now closed. Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like what?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. You actually already reached the last resort to restore your email back. The good thing is Microsoft has responded to your request and asked for more information to prove your ownership.

Did you ever associated you mobile with the account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Okay do you mind to let me check the recovery options of your account from my side?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no and I am not happy that I have to pay for this service at all. I just spoke with Microsoft again about this. I want a refund on my credit card. I thought it was only $5 and that that was completely refundable. I am not happy at all.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

We are trying our best to help you. However, if for any reason you are not happy with the service, you may call JustAnswer Customer Services to ask for the refund. I am sending them a note as well to push the request.