James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I got the new Outlook because I have hotmail email. From

Customer Question

I got the new Outlook because I have hotmail email. From reading all of the support info online, I get the feeling that my version is not the same as that they are referring to. The other possibility for the difference is the fact that I am a Mac user. ANYWAY...
With the old Outlook, if I created a new folder it was automatically added in with my other folders in alphabetic order. With the new Outlook they are added to the bottom of the folder list. When I looked up how to move a folder, it said to just drag and drop. When I do this there is no line to indicate between which folders to drop; instead the indicator just selects various folders, and if I drop it adds the folder as a subfolder to the indicated folder.
Can you tell me how to do this very basic thing in the new Outlook that hotmail customers get?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What version of outlook are you using on your mac?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't think I have the actual Outlook application.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't. It is just the interface that MSN uses for hotmail
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there??

Hello, sorry for the delay. A remote connect would be the best way to help you so I could see exactly what you are talking about. It looks like you accepted this, but there was a billing problem. Usually this can be resolved by using a different payment method (card). If you'd like to try this, please let me know.

If not, please describe to me exactly the issue you are having , or what you'd like to do that outlook is not allowing you to do.