James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I forgot password and when I get code from other gmail

Customer Question

I forgot password ***** when I get code from other gmail account and put in original account it says it cant verify my account WHY ?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: about a week
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: always through MS outlook except when I went to a different computer and setup outlook and needed password
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried to go directly to gmail --- tell it I forgot password ***** followed directions from there
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want my password
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is Alison.I'm sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers.

Please give me just a moment to review your question and respond.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

When you go through the "Forgot My Password" process you are taken to a page where you need to enter the code that you received in your alternate email. Are you leaving this page open and returning to it with the code? If you get the code then go through the process again to get to the page to enter it, then it will be the wrong code. A code is valid for a specific length of time only and also becomes invalid as soon as another code is issued. Does that make sense? Are you leaving the page with the box for the code open and returning to it?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Would you like for me to connect remotely and reset the password ***** you while you watch?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not possible. Need password ***** setup outlook on new computer I know everything except] password
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry. Are you saying that it's not possible to leave the page open? I don't understand. You should be able to go to gmail in a web browser to click on "Forgot My Password" and go through the reset process. Then you should be able to open a second tab in your browser to access your email to get the code. I assume that the code is being sent to a secondary gmail address that you can access. correct? Once you have retrieved the code you can go back to the orginal tab and enter it and you will be able to reset your password. You can then go and enter the new password ***** Outlook.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No you are no help so for
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I believe that you are responding to automated offers. Please feel free to ignore them. I can only work with the information that you provide to me. If I am not understanding the problem correctly, please explain it to me. I will be happy to connect to your computer remotely and work on this while you watch AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE because I am confident that we can resolve the issue quickly and easily. If you'd liek for me to do that, please click the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ff85f725-7820-49ee-95c8-4f9935b031b5

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sure you cannot get password ***** connecting to my computer I know h [with to. Everything you suggested
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Since you are unwilling to even try my suggestions, I am going to "opt out" in the hopes that another expert will be willing to try to assist you. You'll be notified when(if) another expert begins to work on this. They will see our entire conversation so you won;t have to repeat yourself. Have a nice day!

Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this:

Is your email currently working on any computer? If yes, can I connect remotely to that computer, so I can retrieve your gmail email password ***** through your computer for you?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry mam I tried all of your [email protected] several times before this contact and explained to I am no novice and you d

Sorry, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly and quickly for you?

And/or can you please confirm the gmail email address you need help with, so I can check?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Email address is ***********

Thank you. To confirm, you do not remember the password ***** that gmail email address.

- Do you also have access to a Yahoo email address starting with the two letters NE and ending with @yahoo.com? If yes, what is that full yahoo email address?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have not had yahoo for several years

OK, can you please confirm that full yahoo email address if you remember the spelling of it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Do you remember that you also had another yahoo email address also starting with the two letters NE?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

Is your gmail email account currently working on any computer? If yes, can I connect remotely to that computer, so I can try to retrieve your gmail email password ***** through that computer for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I am no novice other computer lost

Sorry, so right now, your gmail email account is currently not working on any device at all.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. If this was the case I would know. How to fix it
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

FYI - Google has sent you a 6-digit verification code to the email:***@******.***. IF you could access this Yahoo mailbox, you should be able recover your Gmail box. If you did forget the password ***** your Yahoo mailbox as well, try the Forgot Password ***** of Yahoo and see if you have any chance to restore the Yahoo mailbox first.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I have tried all these things_yahoo says no such account.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

I am trying to recover your Yahoo account at the moment. Yahoo does not say it is not existing. Yahoo is asking me this question, please see attached the screenshot.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Passed! The new question now is:

Do you have access to this phone?

(2**) ***-2170

We will send you an Account Key to verify you're the owner of this phone.

Messaging and data rates may apply

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not now we are on our way to st Louis. To pick some one !the airport
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Do you have access to the phone? If yes, I will continue and let Yahoo send the code to you.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Okay. if you do have access to the phone, we may do it later once you are available at home beside the phone. Anyway, that's not bad news. :)

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Any update please, do you still need to continue restoring your Gmail and Yahoo account?