James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

All of sadden, I can not get gmail. It said," verify that if

Customer Question

All of sadden, I can not get gmail.
It said," verify that if you have entered correct account info. in mail setting "
I don't remember password.
What to do?
This happen because I was putting unwanted mails to junk or trash?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How are you accessing your gmail? Through a email client on your computer, phone or in a browser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I only have iPad, about 5 years old. Thing is I need to remember password ***** setting, but I don't remember. Step by step, let me know how to set up new password.
That was apple told me to do.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this happen after I was putting unwanted mails to junk or trash.
Why that made froze?
Once putting to junk or trash, this emails automatically goes to trash or junk?
How can I get back? Means same website, but I need to receive deferent email, but same website. Just like getting answer from justanswer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please answer my listed question or let answer other expert.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

If all your previous operations against your Gmail account were done by the Mail app on your iPad, you need to reset the password ***** a browser on your iPad, such as the built-in Safari.

To do so, open your Safari (or any of your preferred other browsers), and type "mail.google.com" at the address bar. You might be prompted to switch to Mail app for mail operations, just ignore it. Try logging in there at Gmail page using your known password, if failed, click the "Forgot Password" link below the Sign In button to restore the password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I go " mail.google.com" I see gmail. Where to click?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

You mean you did it on your iPad? If yes, log on there using your username and known password. If the password *****'t be recognised, click the Forget Password ***** just below the Sign In button.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't understand what you're saying. Mail.google.com you see gmail. I don't see " user's name "
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

If you see your emails directly, that just means you did use this browser to successfully login Gmail before. Your browser just remembered your credential so you no need to input it. What's the browser you are using? The built-in Safari browser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Problem is this: 1. I can not get email in my " email " - I need to set up new password. - I need to tell me how to set up new password.
2. Because I was putting some mail to junk or trash. I don't receive that emails. But some email, I need to get back - how can I get them back?
3. Mail.google.com. - Where can see " sent "?
4. Mail.google.com. - can I make " draft "?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

You need to be patient sir. I need to clearly understand your situation before guiding you do something.

1. As you are already logged in at Gmail using web browser, you can change your password ***** clicking Google logo at the upper-left corner, the page turns to Google home page, then click your email address at the upper-right corner, choose "My account", then choose "Signing in to Google " under "Sign-in & Security" section to change your password.

2. If you put some emails in Trash or Spam folders/labels, they will stay there for 30 days before permanently being deleted.

3. There is three-bar icon at the left pane, you click it and choose "Sent Mail" under "Labels", then you can see your Sent emails in the browser on iPad.

4. Like Point 3, click the three-bar icon to see the Draft folder. You can make draft automatically, all the unfinished emails are saved in the Draft folder automatically.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Any update please? The password ***** been reset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll need time, let you know.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Okay, thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry, still not tried yet.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Okay, take your time. But, be aware there is a time limit for recovering items that have been moved to the Trash or Bin folder. So you better do it ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorty, I am going to change password *****
Meanwhile. I was using mail google.com and i was middle of typing tighter forwarding done document. After click as "save" it did not go to draft. I don't see it
, do you know where it went?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After I changed password, still " can't get mail" shows " incorrect passwords"
Mail google.com shows as "changed passwords", so I did change.
Is there any other way?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> still " can't get mail" shows " incorrect passwords"

You need to input the new password ***** your Mail app of iPad otherwise it will keep using the old one.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did changed to new password. After I changed, I went to setting, put new password, then it said, incorrect.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

If the app says password (not others) is incorrect, it does mean password ***** Double check if the email address is for the password, also carefully input your password, it might be an awful experience to input password ***** "smart" devices as the operating system (iOS) always tries to correct your spelling.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to start begging. I hope there are no misunderstood.
I only have iPad, no other devices. I am able to look my emails at mail.google.com. That email shows that I changed passwords.
When I go back to email, and put new passwords, shows still incorrect. And still doesn't receive email in email.
Now tell me what to do.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

We share the same felling, it is weird.

For me, if I am sure the password ***** ***** correct, I would double check if the email address is also correct in Mail settings of iPad.