Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I received an e-mail from microsoft saying that my Hotmail

Customer Question

I received an e-mail from microsoft saying that my Hotmail will be discontinued in less than 48 hrs unless I update my account for security. I tried, but the link they sent to me does not work.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: Since yesterday. The account is still operating, but I am concerned that it will be ended by micro soft
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser on my lap top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I don't know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am getting an inordinate amount of junk mail. Some appears to be from my own account.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

It sounds like that may suspected that your account was hacked. You might reset your password ***** that should satisfy their request.

Can you paste the link that they sent you in the chat window?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
https://t.co/PyzSzgfmEX

It doesn't look like the secure assistance went through due to some issue with the credit card or your profile information.

That link is not valid. It is a phishing attempt to get your password. I would advise you to log directly into your Hotmail at https://hotmail.com and reset your password ***** soon as possible. I would disregard the e-mail that you receive as it is only an attempt to get your password. Let me know if you need help with this and we can continue to chat in this window.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate my answer with the stars at the top of the chat window.

Thanks,

Jason

It still doesn't look like the secure assist is going through. Have you reset your password ***** Hotmail? That should be all you have to do.