GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I need to restore permanently deleted emails. Is there a way

Customer Question

I need to restore permanently deleted emails. Is there a way to select all instead of doing one st a time?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there Lorraine. My name is*****'d be happy to try to help you with this. May I ask what email program you are using? Is it Outlook, Thunderbird, AOL, or are you accessing your email from a website like Gmail or Yahoo?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hotmail
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me just a moment to research.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thank you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

I am terribly sorry but it does not appear that there is any way to "select all" deleted emails from the webmail client for Hotmail/LiveMail/MicrosoftMail.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I said no thank you to you connrcting to me but still need an answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Only one at a time?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Please ignore the offers for additional services. Those are automated offers, and not from me.

Did you not see my response?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why would this happen? They went from deleted to permanently deleted. I did not do it.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Please allow me to clarify. You will have to check the box beside each email in the deleted items folder. Once you have checked each box, you can then select MOVE TO and select inbox.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

There is generally a time limit. At some point, deleted emails older than X # of days (30, 60, 90) will be removed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no way to select all?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If I were able to look at your settings I could probably figure out the exact time frame. I could also see if there were any other settings that might affect this. I can only offer an educated guess without seeing them. I do understand that this is not the answer that you were hoping for, but it is an honest and accurate answer. If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating. If you would like a second opinion, I can opt out and allow another expert to weigh in.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately Lorraine, it does not appear that there is any way to select all. It is good practice not to use the deleted items folder as a storage folder. If they are emails that you want to retain it would be a good idea to create a "holding folder".