James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot send any emails it just says wait a minute and then

Customer Question

I cannot send any emails it just says wait a minute and then says there is a problem
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I think it is Microsoft outlook
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: all of the above
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none at all not sure what to do
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Are you facing this email issue on a windows computer?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Sincerely,

Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows 8
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Which email service are you using let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sliprales
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to login to your hotmail account using web browser like Internet explorer,Google chrome? if you haven't checked that please use this link to check it www.hotmail.com

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Went straight to my emails....my email I am trying to send is in the drafts folder and says....something went wrong and we are not able to send it yet....but I have received a junk email
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

OK which web browser are you using ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
internet explorer
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Do you have other web browser installed in the like Chrome or Firefox,if so can you please try opening in it and check it also have you recently change the password ***** add a account to this Hotmail ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have firefox and I changed the password ***** 2 weeks ago but have been working fine till today
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Can you check the Hotmail on Firefox ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Checked firefox and still the same can receive but the sent email is still in the drafts folder
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Are you having this same issue on all other devices/PC that you access hotmail ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just the same
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Please open your hotmail options page using this link : - https://outlook.live.com/owa/?id=64855&path=/options/mail

let me know when you are in options page

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Click on accounts then see if this hotmail account is linked with any other email accounts.Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is one I have not used for *****@******.***
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

If that is your email address then leave it there.

Go to forwarding section and see if your emails have been forwarded to any other email account that you do not know ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No forwarding email address
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

All settings seems to be correct.In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Thank you,One moment while i prepare the remote support link for you.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=bab735d9-0cda-4e7e-a0ae-611ed2f88ef5 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Let me know the status after the outlook team contact you.