Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Windows10 - "free" upgrade from MS - did not want it or ask

Customer Question

Windows10 - "free" upgrade from MS - did not want it or ask for it. Any "Office" program (Outlook, Word, etc.) cannot follow a link as the system won't allow it. Don't tell me how to fix this in MS Internet Explorer because you absolutely cannot bring up IE - system automatically opens "EDGE" and EDGE does not have tabs for File, Edit, Tools and so on. Example: Outlook - click on a blue word or an http hyperlink and you get an error message about the function has been disabled, see your systems administrator - I AM THE Systems Administrator - help
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you allow the computer to install / upgrade to Windows 10 when it prompted?

Did you have Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 previously? When was the computer upgraded to Windows 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First of all, I told you I cannot follow an e-mail link, so, first thing you do is send me a link in an e-mail - yikes, can you read my lips "I cannot follow a link from an e-mail" so I am now on my iPad to read what you sent me. Because of a bad experience two weeks ago, I was given a special link address that I could paste into the Edge browser for a "free" question/answer. Do you understand this is "FREE" ? What happened was that I was charged $38 for an answer and the answer wasn't any good as he had me trying to do something in I.E. 11 - I have i.e. 11 but you absolutely cannot open it as W10 brings up EDGE instead - Edge has no tabs for File, Edit, Tools and so on

I'm sorry. That's why you would stay with me on this web page, so you can communicate with me here. (Or go to the JustAnswer.com website.)

I'm an independent computer tech; please let me know if you'd like to fix all the computer issues for you; we guarantee our service.

Please reply at the box bellow. Thank you,

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=63d71f62-a204-43a4-a3ee-82b5315901a1
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,