Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

We have a hotmail for our association. They have blocked it.

We have a hotmail for our association. They have blocked it. We have gone through the process twice to get the code to reactivate. We are a non-profit and are right in the middle of our fundraising through our email account. we are in panic mode.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: Started yesterday morning.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through our web browser and it is usually all day long.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have followed all the steps that hotmail requires and in fact had to do it twice to get a code to reactivate. Still no code. we have tried contacting Microsoft as well. This is a terrible process.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's most of it. Our IT staff person is out right now and she handled the process. it is under my name***@******.***

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me why the hotmail account was blocked? Did you or one of your association members try to access the account with a wrong password?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No we did not use a different password. We did notice after sending some emails that Microsoft sent an email to reaffirm

What exactly is the content or message of that Microsoft email?

Also, can you still access the email "gh***** @"

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It was basically to reconfirmed our account. I don't remember exactly it is in our hotmail box

Ok. Can you still access the email "gh***** @"?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can my personal account but not***@******.***

Thank you for that confirmation.

Now, please tell me that other email account -- your personal account, so that I can initiate a reset for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My personal account is ok. It is***@******.*** our NC Chiefs of Police email

Please tell me your personal account, I am trying the reset of the problem Hotmail account. Microsoft will send a code there. Please do so before the process expires

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Thank you. Please check your personal email now, Microsoft will send a code there in that personal account of yours. If you do not see it in your Inbox, please check the Junk or Spam folder.

Then give me that code so that we can reset your password ***** the association account.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There is nothing there.

Give it a couple of minutes, refresh your browser, try to SIGN OUT then SIGN IN again and see if the email from Microsoft arrives.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Signed out & back in. Still waiting. Thanks! I pray this works

I will try to send you an email, see if you can get it immediately.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

I just sent you an email

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Jess - Gotvit the Junk file

Oh ok. So your account is marking emails incorrectly as Junk.

Please check the Junk folder, see if the Microsoft email is there. If you got a code there, please give it to me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Not everything goes to junk. The junk file is empty. Usually Microsoft emails come through clean. The process yesterday told Kathy 24 hrs to 30 days. In the past we would get the code very quickly

I believe there is a technical downtime of Microsoft email servers this time causing some delays of notification emails. Please

Please check your Junk folder once again, see if the email arrived there

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am watching the entire email boxes

Ok. It there is some notification delays at this time, I suggest that we will try again the reset and recovery process some other time or after 8 to 12 hours.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What do we do to try again with you?

Please just bookmark our chat page so that you can get back to me easily to try the process again. Bookmark this page or add to Favorites.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will do. Thanks!

You're welcome. I will do my best to help you recover your Hotmail account.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Jess, No code yet. This is now having an effect on our response to hurricane victims in North Carolina. Receiving calls regarding our no response to emails. This is the worst process I have ever seen.

I am very sorry about your persisting issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the recovery process? The last option for you besides waiting for Microsoft to send a code is to contact a Hotmail moderator and I can assist you with that through a Secure Remote Assistance.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have spoken with Microsoft and it is being referred to a level 3 manager. If this does not work we will be back in touch

Thank you. Just let me know then if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We are waiting to hear from Microsoft Thru another channel. We paid for the live secure chat but will wait until we hear from them. We will get back with you once we know something.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We no longer need your services. We spoke with Microsoft HQ they got us up. We have paid $52 and no results. I want to make sure that I am not billed again. Thanks for your efforts.