Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I`m not getting my emails. I`ve gotten 2 the last couple of

Customer Question

I`m not getting my emails. I`ve gotten 2 the last couple of days I usually get 30 to 35 a day. I`m looking for a job and, I`m on a lot of job sites.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Curtis, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Also, are you using a web browser like Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome to access your email? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows
Internet Explorer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can you please tell me your problem email account? Is it a Yahoo Mail? Gmail? AOL? Hotmail? or others?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My account is gmail. I found my emails in trash.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. I believe you did not delete those emails, so I am sure 2 things could have caused this.

First, your account could have been hacked and the hacker messed up your emails by sending them to Trash. Please MOVE the emails to your Inbox to save them from being deleted permanently.

Second, the hacker, or you, could have created a filter that automatically sends NEW or incoming emails to the Trash folder.

Please check your Gmail settings, by clicking on the link below while you are SIGNED IN to your Gmail account:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/filters

REMOVE any of the filters that you DID NOT create specially the filters that send emails to Trash folder.

After deleting the filters, do not forget to CHANGE your password ***** well to kick out any hackers who could have accessed your account without your knowledge.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess