bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

I deleted my emails n my old box by mistake today. is there

Customer Question

I deleted my emails n my old box by mistake today.
is there any way to retrieve them?
Ichecked in recently deleted and they were not there.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 8 days ago.

Please advise which email services are you referring to? Gmail, Yahoo or AOL or others?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  bbao replied 8 days ago.

For AOL, by default, all deleted emails will be moved to the Trash folder and stay there for 7 days. Then the emails will be permanently deleted and can't be recovered. If you can't see the emails in the recently deleted folder, unfortunately they should have been deleted forever. However, I would recommend you double check by searching related keywords against the Trash folder to make sure they are not missed. Again, 7 days are the grace period of delete emails.

I know it is not an answer you expected, but I have to say, no way is the answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not satisfied
Your answer was incorrect and I would like you to refund my money that I paid you
I called aol and they were able to restore my emails
Expert:  bbao replied 7 days ago.

As referred by the link above, my information is from AOL official website, not something I make up.

Please tell me which number you called for AOL email recovery and how AOL restored your emails already deleted from the Trash? Thanks.