bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

Replacing the sim card holder and outside black/. how will

Customer Question

replacing the sim card holder and outside black/gray. how long will it take?
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

Hi There, could you please advise some details such as the SIM card size, SIM card's network provider, the phone to use the SIM card? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

I received a request from the system telling me you need Secure Remote Assistance. I may offer your at a reduced rate $30 as I no need to access your computer, just a phone call (probably video conference is require to help you replacing the SIM card). Do you agree?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that sounds great!I just need a guitar pick? or that tool that opens it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
am I right that I may not have to open the back, just place the sim card there, and close it up, right?
how would I check to see if the phone is unlocked?how do I do that? also, I have a samsung 2 that was used
with prepaid card. If I wanted to get it to be on unlocked, How much will that cost?
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

> just place the sim card there, and close it up, right?

Normally you can input a SIM card at the back of a phone. Just make sure it is in right size and slot, check here for details.

> how would I check to see if the phone is unlocked?

One SIM card plugged in, if you can make calls and use the data with your existing phone from another mobile operator, then it means the phone is unlocked.

> how do I do that? also, I have a samsung 2 that was used with prepaid card.

I need the exact model number of the phone.

> If I wanted to get it to be on unlocked, How much will that cost?

It depends on the mobile operator of your prepaid number. What's the operator's name?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi bbao,
I guess I may be ok with just the part and not having to send it to you and back. There is now a big hole where that sim card holder was and is now open.
Also, I have a samsung 2 that is not able to be unlocked by me to get either phone company.
How much would that be? Please tell me what else to do. I will need that little tool to open the LG G Flex cell phone, and a guitar pick to open it up if needed.
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

I can't identify what "samsung 2" you refer to, there are quite a few models titled "2" such as Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy J2 or Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Please be specific and give the exact model number. Then I may help you find out the unlock way, if available.

Regarding how to install micro SIM card into your LG G Flex phone, please check below video.

https://youtu.be/blbIRajoXaw

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bbao . I just need a few tools like that pin for placing it in the hole, and it changing it if needed for a new servicer. Do you also do un;locked. I have a samsung 2 that is not unlocked. How much do you charge for that?I will need that tool, and a guitar pick or something else to open up the back if needed. If I get stuck, you will help me on the phone, right?
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

Yes, the pin is used to open SIM card tray and eject the card holder.

Regarding the guitar pick, I don't think it is necessary for SIM card replacement as basically it is a tool for open mobile phone's back cover. Some phones like Samsung devices have a release latch so you don't really need a guitar pick to help you. Check the link for an illustration image.

Regarding unlocking your phone, I don't do unlocking service. Unlocking instruction should be provided by the previous service provider. If necessary, I may help you find out the related info.

Yes, if you do get stuck there, just accept my offer and I will provide you phone call support.

Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

Any feedback please?

If all done, please kindly accept my helpful suggestions as the answer and rate my service to close the question. Thanks.

Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.
It seems you have done the SIM card replacement. Please kindly accept my helpful suggestions as the answer and rate my service to close this question. Thanks.