ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I have a very old, 8 years old, Palm Pilot. Recently, when I

Dear Sir,
I have a very old, 8 years old, Palm Pilot. Recently, when I charged it I left it being charged for over a week as I was sick. Now it won't light up so that I can read an address or telephone number.
Is there a way that it can be fixed? Cathryn

Hi Cathryn, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like the backlight has probably gone out on your Palm. If not the backlight, then it's some other hardware issue.

In that case, you'd want to contact Palm Dr, a.k.a. ShortTronics. They are a Minnesota company that specializes in repairing Palm devices. They should be able to give you an estimate on what a repair would cost, and if it's important to you to have the device repaired, you should be able to send it in to them.

You can reach them at the following number:

(###) ###-####/p>

IMPORTANT: If you have any other questions on this, just let me know. You can respond back to me at any time. And before you leave this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.

Hi again Cathryn, did you have any additional questions on this?

If not, please just use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer for me to close the question out.