James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have contacts in my contact list, some have email

Customer Question

I have contacts in my contact list, some have email addresses others don't. I need to send a mass email do I get the addresses of the ones that are there without going through all 3,000 plus cards
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Hi Laura, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Before I can answer your question, please tell me the following:

1. What email address or account will you be using to send out the emails? (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, OAL, or others)
  2. How do you send and receive emails? Are you using an email program like the Mac Mail, the one with the postage stamp icon on the dock? Or are you using a web browser like Safari?
  3. Are you intending to send out the mass email in a single blast? Or in groups?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
1. I will be using my business account that I setup on GoDaddy, but want to pull the addresses from my Contacts on my Mac
2. Yes I use the one with the postage stamp or the business one I referred to in 1.
3. Yes, preferably a single blast.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Let me address your issues here.

First, yes, you can continue to use your Mac Mail program to send out your emails. However, doing the email blast will 100% put your business email address into blacklist because of spamming. The reason for this is because the receiving email accounts will automatically flag your email account as a spamming account due to sending an email to a lot of people.

There are 2 ways you can do this.

FIrst, you can use a mailing service for free (with limitations). Second, you can use the Mac Mail, but you need to send emails in batches of 30 people only.

With the first option, you can send your email at once for 2000 people without being flagged as SPam.

How do you wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Hi Laura,

I am very sorry about the confusion. My last question was actually asking as to what procedures do you want to choose to proceed. Do you want to still use your Mac Mail to send out the emails? Or do you want to sign up for such emailing service that can send to 2000 emails at once for free?