Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

I fried my old computer and I also changed my email address

Customer Question

I fried my old computer and I also changed my email address on new machine.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am unable to log into my account.
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I want to be able to add additional pages to my site. Former email address was***@******.***, new email address is***@******.***. My Wordpress site is This Old Drunk in Recovery. Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Help if you can - Thanks.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you having trouble logging in to your "*****@******.***" email address?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes, I am not able to log in. A combination of my new email address and lost password ***** access my Wordpress account.
As I said earlier, I had to change to a new email address and my Wordpress account does not recognize my new address.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Can you please tell me what URL are you using to access your Wordpress account?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
As I stated earlier, URL
This Old Drunk in Recovery
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

That is a site title, not a URL. Are you referring to this URL ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My bad, I am a 75 year old guy and sometimes don't understand.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Not a problem, I understand. Please give me a moment to check this for you

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

I can help you recover your Wordpress account but I highly recommend that we use our Secure Remote Assistance service so that I can directly assist you in the recovery using your computer while you watch on your screen.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't think Secure Remote Access is necessary.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

It will be necessary, because the recovery procedures must be done correctly right there on your computer, not on my computer.

I can just give you procedures but it will be critical if you make mistakes in the process the recovery can fail.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am not accustomed to being asked to upgrade to additional services.
I will not give anybody access to my computer.
Sorry if that does not meet your company requirements.
And if that causes you a problem - let me know...
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

I understand and respect your decision regarding remote access. But yes, I can still help you with this recovery issues. Please give me a moment as I type the detailed procedures for you to ensure that you will not make a mistake in the process.

I will get back to you with the detailed procedures.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for patiently waiting. Here are the steps to recover your account on your WordPress blog:

1. First, visit this link to directly go to the recovery page:
  2. On that page, for the first box saying "What is your registered email address or username?", if you are sure that it was "*****@******.***", please enter it there.
  3. For the second box, saying "What is the URL of the specific blog you are contacting us about?", enter your blog URL, that is:
  4. For the third box, saying "What email address should we contact you at?", enter your current email address since Wordpress will contact you for the procedures to reset your account password ***** for more verification.
  5. In the Proof of Ownership, there are 3 options. But since your old email is no longer accessible, 2 of them will not be available for you. The other option, if you bought something from Wordpress in the form of upgrades, which I believe you did because you are using your own domain name, locate that information if you can find it in your Paypal transaction history.
  6. In the last box asking for extra details, please tell your story as to how come you lost access of your WordPress account.
  7. When done, click "Recover My Account" button.
  8. After that, please check your email for feedback from the Wordpress team and for further procedures to regain access to your account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,