James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

My colleague set up Outlook 2010 incorrectly and we are now

Customer Question

My colleague set up Outlook 2010 incorrectly and we are now unable to remove that account.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since yesterday. We can add the correct account, but Outlook insists the other account is primary (even though it doesn't work) and we are unable to remove it even from the control panel.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Desktop pc.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to remove the account and add the correct account via control panel. Actually, it's the only way to get into Outlook at the moment.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have tried to change which account is default. Doesn't work. Opening Outlook sets Outlook to trying to launch the account that was incorrrectly set up, which meansit can't launch.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Please provide the following details

Which version of widows are you using is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Which email service is configured in outlook 2010? let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @

Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Sir/Ma’am please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Note: -If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer, its optional and only need to use if it’s necessary. You can close that pop up for the time being and then use the reply box below to reply to me.