IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have been trying to send an email to a group created in my

Customer Question

I have been trying to send an email to a group created in my hotmail.com account. Since Win 10 has been downloaded and I now am forced to use Outlook mail I am no longer able to do this. I have tried syncing this but it is still downloading and a one point shut off my computer. It's been well over 2 hours now and is still processing. The message I get when I try to send the email to the group is that it can't be sent now and that I should try again later. I have gotten up in the middle of the night to do this and am still unable to send it. Help pls as I don't want to create this group again.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: For the last week or so. It's the first time I needed to send to this group.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use google chrome and Outlook
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I`ve tried syncing and after 2+ hours of processing this is the message I`ve rec`d
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for***@******.***.' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for***@******.***. Error: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for***@******.***.' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for***@******.***. Error: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing. Please tell me when was the day when Windows 10 installed on your computer? Also, how did you access your e-mail account before Windows 10 was installed on your computer?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have been trying to send an email to a group created in my hotmail.com account. Since Win 10 has been downloaded and I now am forced to use Outlook mail I am no longer able to do this. I have tried syncing this but it is still downloading and a one point shut off my computer. It's been wellover 2 hours now and is still processing. The message I get when I try to send the email to the group is that it can't be sent now and that I should try again later. I have gotten up in the middle of the night to do this and am still unable to send it. Help pls as I don't want to create this group again.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: For the last week or so. It's the first time I needed to send to this group.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use google chrome and Outlook
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I`ve tried syncing and after 2+ hours of processing this is the message I`ve rec`d
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for***@******.***.' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for***@******.***. Error: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

I see the original question description. No need to copy and paste it.

Please answer these two questions:

1. When was the day Windows 10 installed on your computer?

2. How did you access your e-mail account before Windows 10 was installed on your computer?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Back in Aug I think. DIdn`t really want to do it but the pressure was on. I used Chrome and my hotmail account.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can`t get my group contacts in outlook.com that I created in hotmail account
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

OK. To confirm, you are now using the same e-mail account you used before upgrading to Windows 10?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it says Outlook mail now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not MSN Hotmail
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Oh, I see.

It can be quite confusing for some people since Microsoft decided to rename their "Hotmail" e-mail service to "Outlook.com", especially since their desktop e-mail program is called "Microsoft Outlook".

They also changed the e-mail interface, but basically, it's the same e-mail service. It has nothing to do with Windows 10. People who use older Windows versions also see this "Outlook.com" name when signing into their e-mail accounts.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

For that reason, I need to confirm with you if you use a web browser such as Chrome to go to www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com to access your e-mail account, or you use a desktop e-mail program such as "Microsoft Outlook" or "Windows Live Mail" by clicking on its icon?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've tried looking on google for the answer to this group sending problem and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this. Have you got a fix for this problem?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I use Chrome as my default web browser. I have set up an icon for opening my emails in outlook
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Please see these two pictures and let me which one looks like your e-mail account:

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pix 1
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for confirming!

Does receiving e-mails work as well as sending e-mails to only one recipient at a time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no problem
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Good. Do you know how many recipients are exactly in your group?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Probably about 125
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
never rec'd a message saying there were too many contacts
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

From what I know, anything above 100 is considered as sending spam, and you may receive error messages and sending may fail completely. It is like that for most e-mail services, such as GMail and Yahoo!

My advice is to reduce a number of recipients to be below 100, for example 90 per group. Use several groups if needed.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Also, if you are sending attachment(s), the maximum size cannot exceed 10 MB.

See more about the limits for Outlook.com (Hotmail) and other e-mail services on this link:

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/email-address-limit.html

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any quick tricks to see how many contacts in my groups short of trying to count them on the screen?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

In case you attempted to send a group e-mail with more than 100 recipients multiple times, your account may be locked from sending any new e-mail for 24 hours.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, you will need to count them manually. If you used a desktop e-mail program, you would be able to see a total number right away, but the Outlook.com (Hotmail) web mail interface doesn't seem to have such feature.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it does. I just noticed that if you go to edit it will say how many contacts and from what I have just seen I have 170 so I guess that is too many even though hotmail.com never had the problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

OK, thanks for sharing that information. I don't usually have that many number of recipients, so I don't need to worry about it. Yes, 170 is quite too much. I am not sure why it worked for you before, but since now it doesn't, just split those 170 recipients into 2 groups, and that should work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just been checking out how to do that the simplest way. Guess I'll have to create another folder but is there any easy way to add them to the new folder?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Let me check.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks so much for your help. Hoping I could drop and drag into a new contact list but I'm thinking that would be tooooo easy...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I don't see any quick way to split the existing contact list into 2. However, since the contacts are sorted by name, you can use alphabet to split them. For example, first group can contain the names from A-M, and the second from N-Z.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is there a way to drag the contact names into this new group or am I going to be re-inventing the wheel and typing all this info again?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, from what I can see, manual work is the only way.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll figure it out. More than one way to skin a cat...Thanks for your help. If once I've split it and it still doesn't work what do you suggest?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

All I was able to find is that you can select multiple contacts by checking their check-boxes and then you can click on List at the top and select New contact list. However, you would still need to know which contacts are in the first group so you don't add them again in the second one.

You can test sending a group e-mail once it contains less than 100 contact per group. I am sure it will work. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good night and thanks again.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome! Good night as well.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since we last communicated, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance with the issue.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.