James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

My daughter, age 12, has a Samsung S7. She reset and then

Customer Question

Hello. My daughter, age 12, has a Samsung S7. She reset and then forgot the password. I have been trying to reboot it, but it insists on my inputting a new password ***** a google account she set up that I didn't even know she had. The google account email that was set up was***@******.***, but SHE DOESN'T HAVE AN EMAIL ACCOUNT SET UP TO RECEIVE EMAILS. So I logged on to Google to try to reset her password, but they would only send the verification code to HER EMAIL
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: GMAIL, I guess. So I logged on to google to try to change her password ***** reset her phone, and they can't verify that it's her without sending her an email. She doesn't have the emails et up on her computer. Very frustrating! I just want to reboot her stupid S7, but they insist that I have to enter a google password.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: On what, her S7, or on my computer?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's it. I would like to talk to a person, have them look up her gmail account, reset the google password ***** with that email account, and give it to me so that I can reboot her phone.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 days ago.

I am sorry for the issue. It looks like your daughter had registered her Samsung S7 phone with a "*****@******.***" account, so the phone asks for the correct password ***** it can be used again.

May I know how you rebooted the phone exactly? Have you tried to reset it to factory defaults?

Let me know,