James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Emails i have moved to sub folders have dissapeared,

Customer Question

emails i have moved to sub folders have dissapeared
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: hotmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: both
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: folder dosnt show up on phone
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barun replied 4 days ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you only getting the emails from your Hotmail Inbox on your phone now? If so, what's the make and model of your phone?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
no i am getting emails from phone and hotmail but emails from my inbox that i have moved to a folder have dissapeared
Expert:  Barun replied 4 days ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Barun replied 4 days ago.

I see, all right. What's the make and model of your phone, please?

Expert:  Barun replied 4 days ago.

If you are using an email app to access your Hotmail emails on the phone, it will ONLY show up your emails in the main Inbox folder and won't show up the email subfolders you created yourself. To get around this issue, you may download and use the official Outlook/Hotmail app to access all of your email folders on the phone. Please let me know if you are using an Android phone or an iPhone, and I'll provide you with further directions accordingly. Thank you.