James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I cannot get on my g-mail account. The password does not

Customer Question

I cannot get on my g-mail account. The password ***** not work and when I try to reset it, it tells me it does not know me.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I then tried to set up a new G-mail account and the password ***** that one will not let me in.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I would be through the computer (laptop) going to google and clicking on the G-Mail logo.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I has asked questions on date I set the account up. Which I have no idea. I have typed in the letters and had a verification code sent. It says in the message that it does not know me.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: connect me to who?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How long has this been happening?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have a HP laptop with window 10
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is going on?

The browser you were using? Firefox, chrome, internet explorer etc.

Can you please go to another browser and type in (not the logon icon)

and try to log on with the old acct and the new one as well and tell me EXACTLY

what each says in response?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When I go to the account and put in the password ***** comes up that the password ***** ***** That is for the old account and the new account. When I go to reset the password ***** go through a process and have an verification code sent. When I put the new code in it tells me it does not know who I am.

I am sending a remote support offer. I can go through your computer with you to see your recovery options

and get an idea why it is not accepting it. (this usually falls under 'timing' for code requests)

Or you can try to proceed with me here written.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no thanks I thank you for your time but I cannot see paying money to fix a google problem. So I will take the new computer that I am trying to get a G-mail account set up on, and have the thing wiped out and start over with a new e-mail account. All want is to know how to reset the password. At this time I will discontinue the G-mail accounts.

Okay. good luck.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
If a problem with your GMail accounts is still there, I will do my best to help you solve it without the need to pay more money. Let me know if you still require assistance.

I am awaiting your reply.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 day ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.