James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have been experiencing an increasing problem with outlook.

Customer Question

I have been experiencing an increasing problem with outlook. It started a few months ago when the sorting stopped bringing up older emails and the "advanced search" somehow vanished from the menu'. At first, the emails were still there is manually search, but the search seems to choose only back to a certain date.. usually not more than one year.. Now even some of the folders seem truncated. And the prompting, when I am doing searches, does not work most of the time...
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: about 6 months. But I could be off by a few months
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: 1/2 of the time on my phone.. which I never use for searches.. half of the with a pc or laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i just loaded everything into gmail and am closing to just packing it in with msn.. after more than 15 years.. I have not done trouble-shooting
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i started with outlook express, got pushed into hotmail, then into outloos, and now into hyper-outlook
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 12 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What specific problems are you having with outlook? Also, what version of outlook?