Shefin, Internet and Email Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My old PC died and I have had carbonite restore files to my

Customer Question

My old PC died and I have had carbonite restore files to my laptop. It restored my pst files, but I have had to reinstall outlook 2007. How do I reconnect the pst files with the newly installed outlook 2007?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions below.

1. Open the Import and Export Wizard
    • Outlook 2007 and previous
      File-> Import and Export…
    • Outlook 2010
      File-> Open-> Import
    • Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016
      File-> Open & Export-> Import/Export
  2. Choose Import from another program or file.
  3. Choose Personal Folder File (.pst).
  4. Browse to the location where you’ve restored the pst file. For instance:
    D:\My Documents\My Outlook\Temp
  5. Set the options to “Include subfolders” and “Import items into the same folder in:” and select the folder that is listed as your Outlook Today folder set in the dropdown list.
  6. Press Finish to complete the import.
  7. Restart Outlook and remove the export.pst file from the Temp directory if desired.

Or check the instructions in the link below.

http://www.techfleece.com/2011/07/22/how-to-import-your-pst-files-into-outlook-2007/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N