James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Using Thunderbird, was working great. Then wasnèt on my

Customer Question

Using Thunderbird, was working great. Then wasnèt on my desktop. Looked all over, no go. Re-downloaded thunderbird again. All my emails and everything were there. Last email recieived was Oct 12/16. Now no go....gives me Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop.shaw.ca responded: authentication failed: invalid username/password. Very very frustrated and of course can't get any answers via email...grrrr
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: about 15 minutes ago when it gave me that message and asked for new password...I tried once using the old one, then a new one, and then old again again
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: laptop always
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reinstalled again. and on your site tried, sorry i forget, tried the thing that disables something, but I don't think it installed sorry to be confusing
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that it was working perfectly, disappeared, i reinstalled, worked good and then just stopped today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry can't afford the extra, just want the email to work again!

The email requires configuration and troubleshooting, which cannot be done without looking at the problem and sorting out. Do you want me to open the question to other experts who may be able to assist via chat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess so....this seems like thunderbird just wants money. I'm not impressed considering it was working perfectly and then, nothing!!

Thunderbird is just a software, issue is with your e-mail. I'll opt out.

Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

since how long you are unable to login to the email account?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
your buddy kamil said 13 October 2016 05:46
Kamil Anwar Kamil Anwar
Email technician
So I don't need this type of help I just wanted my email to work again, but it seems to be money money money - and I don't have any, sorry

I am sorry about the problem you are facing the other expert opted out the question so i thought i would help you fix the problem.

Thunderbird is an email client software its not an email we basically configure our actual email on Thunderbird.

Let me know if we can proceed.