Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I received an email stating that I had asked that my email

Customer Question

I received an email stating that I had asked that my email be deactivated. I did not request this. I called the number given and the guy said that someone in China has my email address. Is this a scam? What do I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Google
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Mostly through a web browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There doesn't seem to be anything pertaining to this problem.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I need.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a fake email message. This is a common scam in order to get your account password ***** your information in order to do frauds. Please ignore that email message and delete it. As long as you can use your email, then it is fine. There are lots of email scams and phone scams out there. So please always ignore any email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If you need anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

How are you? It's been a couple of days. Do you still need help with this issue? And/or do you need help with any other computer question / issue?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,