Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

I am new Uber user. I have scheduled an upcoming pickup in

Customer Question

I am new Uber user. I have scheduled an upcoming pickup in Manhattan (NYC) for 10:45-11 am at***** When do I get the plate number? Will it just appear on my phone closer to pickup time?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

With this "Scheduled Ride" feature of Uber, you will only see the plate number and the driver information when Uber successfully assigned an Uber (driver) to pick you up on your schedule. At this point, your request is still on queue or on schedule and few minutes before the scheduled pickup, Uber will broadcast your request so that nearby Uber driver can attend to your request. And by that time, when a driver successfully accepted your ride request, is the only time that you will see the driver and car information on your phone.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,