Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.

Someone is trying to sign in as me. I follow the steps and

Customer Question

Someone is trying to sign in as me. I follow the steps and reach the point y'all want an alternate email. I don't have one and there is no "If you don't have an alternate, click here." I didn't know I needed two email addresses.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Yahoo
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: At home on my laptop. You should know that I don't use computers much. I look at the news, check wikipedia, iMDB, and check my email. That's it. Total time on screen maybe an hour.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I followed the steps and got to point where i needed an alternate email. I don't have one.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tell him to ad a "click here if you have an alternate email." Seems pretty elementary to me.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

I can help you with the steps.

What is your Yahoo email address?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was asked for a password. I entered one that was numbers and letters with both upper and lower cases. I was instructed that I needed a password ***** more than 4 letters. That's pretty stupid even for a computer. Just give me back my money.
Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

A password ***** more than 4 letters is for your protection because a password ***** 4 or less letters can be hacked easily.

I can help you with the account if you provide me with your Yahoo! email address or if you enter a password ***** more than 4 letters.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just forget the whole thing. Give me back my money. Can you do that? If not, why not? It can't be that hard.
Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

Sure, I can send a request for a refund.

Expert:  joseph-cssm replied 13 days ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 11 days ago.

Hello. Perhaps I can be of assistance. Please don't get frustrated so quickly. The reason that things are often harder than would seem reasonable is because (get ready to laugh) the provider who sponsors your e-mail is trying to ASSIST you. Were it as trivial to recover a presumably pirated account as you would like, then it would also be trivial to pirate others' accounts all day long. Regrettably, either it's easy for everyone or it's clumsy for everyone. By the same token, if you can't help us out by answering a few straightforward questions, it will be impossible to make any forward progress. Further, walking away won't get your problem solved! I trust you can appreciate this, and I thank you for your anticipated cooperation.