bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

My ex boyfriend hacked into my yahoo email. He changed all

Customer Question

my ex boyfriend hacked into my yahoo email. He changed all the login info. Its even linked to his cell phone number. please help me. my name is***** my email is: ***@******.***
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: I didnt know about it until about 2 weeks ago. He created a online dating profile for me using this email. I have emailed yahoo. never get the right help
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Yahoo offers two to three ways of email recovery
1. Alternate emails -
2. Alternate phone number -
Do you have access to the alternate recovery options even if yahoo sends a recovery code to you will not be able to access it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He changed those. He changed the phone number from mine(###) ###-####to his(###) ###-#### It even sends him a code via text. He changed the recovery email as well. theyb are either of these 2 emails that belong to my ex boyfriend. ***@******.*** or***@******.***.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please

Are you 100% sure this person has changed your yahoo recovery details with another email and phone number to which he has access?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He even sent me a screen shot from his cell to mine with the code back when I found out he made that dating profile. Please help me that profile was embarrassing disgusting and put my kids in danger as he was very specific about everything
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
His name is ***** ***** He has 2 cell phone numbers(###) ###-####and(###) ###-#### And those emails I gave you also a gmail which I think is***@******.*** or it might be***@******.***

I would suggest you the best possible way to get it back however if you follow of go with yahoo recover you will not get it back because its a free email service and they will say its your fault why did you gave access to your account to others. Yahoo will not do anything if it has been a paid yahoo email service they can re verify your billing account and then can make necessary changes. In this case best possible way is to file a police complaint this comes under cyber crime and they can retrieve your account.

Do you want me to call you up and explain the issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did file with the police. I have personal information on there that I absolutely need. Isn't there a way to prove that it is my account and u can get me in? I opened this email way back in 2001 I believe when I started working at the Mayo Clinic
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Only if we can fix the issue
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello

I told you the most possible and accurate answer how you can get it back. We cannot hack into anyones computer or account as it not ethical and legal.

What did the police say if you have filed a complain?

They must have recovered the account till now and you have the screenshots as well correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's my email account that he hacked into. I didn't give him permission nor did I give him and info to get into it. He has hacked into 6 emails of mine since I left him. The police don't care about a hacked email. There is nothing they can or will do. I am told I need a long paper trail on him.

let me check what recovery email is currently on your account

What is the yahoo account id which is hacked?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yahoo Id? Is that my name? Jamie jo Caroline Fritz 10-24-1979***@******.***

is this the yahoo account hacked "*****@******.***"

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

let me check

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

do you know this email t***************@******.***

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that is another one of my old emails that he hacked.***@******.***
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have access to that one either because of him

I am sorry in that case i would suggest you to file a complain with yahoo let me look for the email where you can lodge a complain.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great. I have done this with yahoo as well and they are no help.

Let me open this question to other experts for there views and input.

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jamie, I need to talk to you over the phone to discuss the possible approaches for getting your email account back, as I cannot disclose the details here because this page is public accessible and the recommended methods could be misused.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please call again
Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

Please check below link to report issues to Yahoo.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index

As your issue is related to several topics such as no access to alternate email and unable to verify secret questions, you may try reporting multiple ones giving the same email ID. If any additional field is available (I can't go through using your email ID to verify as Yahoo will log this as suspicious activity), please a summary telling Yahoo you have what kind of info to proof your ownership (as discussed).

Good luck!

PS. Please kindly accept my answer if you think it is helpful and let me know if anything else I could help with further.