bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

My Kindle has lost wifi access although I still receive

Customer Question

My Kindle has lost wifi access although I still receive emails , I have had the Kindle checked and am told there is no problem with the Kindle itself. What can I do to correct this fault
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

If you do mean you are able to receive emails on your Kindle, it just mans the device is Wi-Fi connected.

Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

What's your Kindle's model?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can receive emails on the laptop, I have never tried to receive emails on the Kindle, I use it to read newspapers only. The only model number I can see is CE0700. It was a present.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have just taken the Kindle out of the case, there does not appear to be a model number on the back, Only FCCC
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

SO you mean your local Wi-Fi is working well as you can access email from your laptop, but the kindle can't access online newspaper via the same Wi-Fi router. Moreover, you had your Kindle checked by someone and confirmed it could connect other Wi-Fi without the same issue. Is it correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No the Kindle was checked to see if it needed a new battery or if it was damaged in any way. This was at a Kindle store in Sydney Australia. They said all was OK with the Kindle
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

Got it. Do you know the steps how to connect to a new Wi-Fi hotspot? If yes, the most easy way to determine where the problem is located, is to test your Kindle with another hotspot and see if everything could be working well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I don't know how to connect with another WiFi hotspot. , my WiFi is through telstra 7A0407
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am now getting conflicting messages. An email saying you have just answered me but on my screen a message that a consultant is working on the question?
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

No worries. Please follow below steps to connect a Wi-Fi. Then try your Kindle at your lcoal library or shopping centre or friends' home where a Wi-Fi is available. Let me know the test reults then.

Connect to Wi-Fi

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_k3getstart_wifi?nodeId=200690850

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

I think what I posted were comments or suggestions. We are on the way to find the answer.

Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

I don't know why the system said that. Sometimes it does happen, that's why JustAnswer keeps developing the system.

Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.

Anyway, please do the tests and let me know the results. Thanks.

Expert:  bbao replied 6 months ago.
BTW, you may also try the above steps to reconnect to your Wi-Fi, that may help and might be a quick fix.