Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can't get my email to download in thunderbird after

Customer Question

I can't get my email to download in thunderbird after getting a new computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo Think Pad
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It won't accept my password (which may have changed) and I have gmail but want to get my messages in Thunderbird. I have tried with no success to enter different passwords
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My address book and folders are there - just won't open messages and so I can't send messages either. I can still get them in google but could access them in both thunderbird and goggle from my previous computer. I now have a laptop and formerly had a desktop.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Thank you,

Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.