bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I am unable to receive or send emails from my phone for some

Customer Question

I am unable to receive or send emails from my phone for some reason. I will go through all the process and sent but the end receiver does not receive them. I have seen messages about my password ***** to be entered but I do not know I had a password.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: don't ever remember doing it!
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: phone and computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none really, just tried some passwords but all were wrong.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: o thankyou.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

What kind of email programs are you using on the phone and computer?

Regarding the message asking for password, are you able to provide a screenshot of it?

> I will go through all the process and sent but the end receiver does not receive them.

Do you mean you have tried deleting the account and adding them back again to go through all the steps to configure an email account on the phone or computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I go to my phone and press email receive button the writing comes up "cannot get mail username or password ***** Hotmail is incorrect"
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
If so, are you able to login using the SAME username and password ***** log on via web at Hotmail.com or Outlook.com using any browser on a computer?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I reset username and password ***** I don't know what I used before and will have to set up again.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
the case now has nothing to do with your phone or computer, it's just incorrect password ***** your username.
You may verify your user name with your friends or family if they ever received your email for Hormail. Then you may try reset your password ***** you have registered secondary email address for password ***** or you know correct answers for any question to be asked by Hotmail. Most of the. answers were set by you when you signed up the account..
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
if you can't remember the answers of the questions ever answered by you, there is less hope for getting it back.