Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have received e-mails telling me I must update my yahoo

Customer Question

I have received e-mails telling me I must update my yahoo account. I think these are Phishing e-mails. The one today says my account will be terminated unless I update my account. I don't believe it is really Yahoo. If it is then I need some in;formation from you. Do I need to update my information? If so, I need a safe e-mail address to send it, etc. Please let me know if these are truly from YOU. or scams. Thanks. *****
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: I have had several requests over the past few months.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I get on through my apple computer. My main page on Mail goes to my Apple mail page but it si Yahoo mail. Is that what you mean?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What troubleshooting is there to find out if an email is REAL or FAKE? I haven't done any. But I'm not changing anything at Yahoo unless Iknow for sure it is Yahoo asking. Can't you just tell me if you are updating all accounts?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment. I can't think of anything,
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You are right. Those are fake email messages. It is a scam in order to get your account password ***** information in order to do frauds. Please always ignore any email message (or phone call or popup message), that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Also, you can report those fake messages as Spam.

As long as your email is currently working fine, then you do not have to worry about anything.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you,