bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

I was unable to get into my email account - the help section

Customer Question

I was unable to get into my email account - the help section wanted both my password ***** month and date of opening the account. It was years ago and I don't remember - have had many passwords, none them worked. I opened another account which I can get into, but I would like to be able to get to my past email and addresses.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Which email service are you referring to? Gmail, Yahoo, MSN or AOL?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Gmail
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Okay, once clicking the link of Forgot My Password, did you go through Gmail's question about your last known password ***** other security questions? Did it ask you for the secondary email address?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I set up the account years ago and haven't used password ***** have had a number since then,l died them all, none worked - I et up the account LONG ago -don't have the date/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can't answer - it was long ago, I have lost the shed with the password
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Did you set up a secondary email address just for email recovery? If you can't remember, try clicking "Try a different question" and see if any question is related to your secondary email address. This is the most efficient way to recover your Gmail account if 2nd email address is available. See the attached screenshot.

Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

If you can't answer any question, we can't help much. We are not magician, even Google team could not help you if you could not provide the answer as evidence.

I am thinking if you are not familiar with the way to answer Google's questions. If yes, I would like to offer remote assistance to you so we can share the same screen and I can even operate the computer to help you step by step. Otherwise, it would be a lengthy chatting process with no efficient result.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my first teacher was 70 years ago and I can't remember her name. I hit try another question and nothing happened.
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

That question is NOT for your email address, it is just an example.

All the Gmail questions to you were actually set by yourself when you signed up the email service with them. Therefore only you know the answer. No one could know that. That's basically why you should trust Google's service. If any one like me could recover your email box without having your answers, will you trust your emails box and Google's service? If you don't trust it, what's the point for you to recover it?

Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Again, it is highly recommended to start a remote assistance in order to let me know what is happening at your side and how to handle the process. Be aware, if you handle this in a improper way, Google may detect it as suspicious email attack and will lock the account at all, then you have no chance to DIY yourself.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had tried that - I can't get any other security question. I have tried everything I can think of on that page
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im thinking about it.
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

If you really have no ANY idea about ANY of following questions:

• What was the last password ***** you remember (must have)?

• When was the last time (month, date, and year) you were able to sign in to your Gmail account (must have)?

• When did you (month and year) create your Gmail account (must have)?

• What was the answer to your security question?

• E-mail addresses of up to 5 frequently emailed contacts.

• Name of up to 4 labels.

• What was the first account recovery e-mail address that you remember?

• Name up to 4 other Google products that you were using with your Gmail account and also the approximate date (month and year) you started using them.

• Phone numbers that you may have associated with your Google account.

• Information about how you lost access to your Google/Gmail account.

Then go to Google's email support page, follow the instruction and try your best to answer the questions. If you could be asked for submitting a summary for their investigation, that could be the last chance for you. Good luck!

Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

BTW, in most situations, you should be able to answer the highlighted questions below, if you were the owner and you did use it before.

• When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Gmail account?

• When did you create your Gmail account?

• Name of up to 4 labels.

Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Any feedback please?