Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I just created a new Gmail account for my iPhone. The new

Customer Question

I just created a new Gmail account for my iPhone. The new email address is***@******.***. We sent a test email from our home computer to my iPhone, which I got. However when I did a test email to respond to that email, it came into our computer as my phone number of(###) ###-#### not***@******.*** and it shows as a text, not an email.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 5 to 15 minutes
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I created this one on my phone and replied to the email sent from my computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not. I want emails I send to show my email address of***@******.*** not my cell phone number.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just to change what I send to be my email address, not my phone number AND why it shows as text not email when I am sending an email.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 17 days ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

You will need to use the Mail app on the iPhone (at the bottom) to send and receive emails correctly from now on.

To set up your Gmail account with the Mail app, please open up the Settings app first, and then scroll down and tap "Email, Contacts, Calendars".

Next, tap Add account > Gmail, and then add your Gmail account info at the next screen. Tap Next > Done when finished.

Finally, tap on the Mail app at the bottom of your iPhone; you will able to see your Gmail emails there, and can compose and send an email using the Write icon at the top-right.

Do keep me posted on the results. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 17 days ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; if you have any further questions or concerns, do reply back to me below.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will this cost more. I didn't know I was paying for this.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is the total $39.00 for everything?
Expert:  Barun replied 17 days ago.

No, please do not accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page; it's not sent by me - we don't need to do a remote session for you. You will just be charged the initial deposit, i.e. $39, that you placed for this question earlier, as a one-time charge only.

Could you please let me know if you were able to carry out the steps I provided earlier?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I leave this to do so not sure I can get back. I thought I was contacting gmail. I do not want to pay and want my card credited back.
Expert:  Barun replied 17 days ago.

Will request a refund for you now, do not reply any further on this page. Thanks.