michelleclive, Email
Experience:  I am a computer professional have fixed and handled email issues.

I am having trouble with Office 365. The mail app will send

Customer Question

I am having trouble with Office 365. The mail app will send but not receive external emails, just internal emails.
Are you able to help me fix this problem?
Charlie Cox
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 18 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can you please confirm your email address?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No error messages
Office 365 using Windows 10***@******.*** is the email that is not receiving external email (there are another 7 email accounts that do not receive either.
Please use my functioning email:***@******.***
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK thank you.
Expert:  michelleclive replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok i'm ready

do you access your email in Outlook?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
as an app in Office 365

since when did the problem start?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
2 days ago

did you make any changes in outlook?

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Windows 10

From the Windows 10 Start screen, type "Restore." The top result in the right-side Search panel should be "Create a restore point." Even though that's not what we're doing today, that's the choice you want to make. It opens the Control Panel to the Systems Properties dialog's System Protection tab
Tap the first button on that property sheet: System Restore. This opens a wizard-like dialog, the first page of which says "Restore system files and settings"
Next, you'll see a dialog with a choice of system restore points
Hit Next. Now you'll see the "Confirm your restore point" dialog," which lets you do exactly what it says. Note you can tick the "Show more restore points" box to do just that. You're also prompted to save any open files and make sure your Windows Password *****
Click Finish. You'll then see a final warning dialog telling you that once started, the System Restore cannot be interrupted, with another confirmation button for continuing the process. Click Yes.
Next you'll see a progress timer saying Restoring System, after which a full-screen Windows Update-like screen will display, saying "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored." The process will run through initializing, restoring the registry, and then it will restart.

let me know how it goes after it reboots.

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Michelle, I have just been called out to an emergency and will have to do this later. Can I respond later and keep this thread open?

Off course you can get back.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks, I'll come back as soon as I can.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no change after reboot :(
Expert:  michelleclive replied 17 days ago.

Hi Charles let me know the time i will be online when you are.