James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Oh thank you, I'm so glad to connect with a person!! I've

Customer Question

Oh thank you, ***** ***** glad to connect with a person!! I've forgotten my password. I was signing on at home and didn't need it. And I have a new cell phone number and there's something weird that happened with my security question: when I set it up, the answer got entered in on the same line as the question. I'm in a terrible muddle. While I'm having trouble with my computer at home, I need to be able to do e-mail at the library.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm on a computer at the library right now, so I don't know if I can answer all that. It's a lenovo. I can't see a model number. I could get the librarian to help me. Do you really need that?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Oh, I usually access my e-mail on my home desk-top using mozilla (sp?) firefox.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've gone through the "I forgot my password" process here on the library computer. I've gotten as far as gmail sending me a code to my yahoo e-mail; I've then entered the code in the password ***** process; then I've gotten the message that I can't access my account--or something.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, just that I've been a complete dingbat!! If only I could find where I wrote down my password!
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

If you usually sign in to your e-mail account at home, without typing the password, it means your home computer saved the e-mail password ***** you. Now when you are using another computer, you need to type the e-mail password ***** the password *****'t been saved.

Since you can't remember the password, you have two choices:

1. access the home computer and use a password ***** program that will display the saved e-mail password

2. attempt to reset the e-mail password

Let me know what you would prefer.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

If there is a problem with the password ***** my advice is to access the home computer and then attempt to retrieve the saved e-mail password. That will show you what your password ***** so you don't need to reset it.

Let me know if you can access your home computer. If you can, I will provide the instructions for you on how to retrieve the saved e-mail password.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 13 days ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since we last communicated, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance with the issue.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 days ago.

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.