Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Someone has changed my phone number for my smart phone on my

Customer Question

someone has changed my phone number for my smart phone on my account how can I get this corrected?
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the recovery phone number set for your email account? If so, who's your email provider, e.g. Gmail, Outlook?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I set up my account I gave them my mobil phone number so I could check my emails by phone when I try to get my emails it ask me if this my number which it isnot. I'm not sur what you mean by email pronider I use yahoo
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Hmm, I see - I'll walk you through changing your phone number associated with your Yahoo account now. Could you let me know if you are using your phone or a computer to reply back to me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to use this number(###) ###-####and only got a recording
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

No issues; I'll provide you with the steps to change the phone number linked to your Yahoo account now. First off, please let me know if you are currently replying to me on your phone, or on a computer now. Then, I'll continue to assist further with the steps; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On my computer tell which page I should be on
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

OK; can we go ahead with a FREE remote session now so I can do these steps quickly for you, or would you like me to provide you with the steps to carry out yourself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
lets talk on the phone(###) ###-####okay it will be easier for me
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

No issues; let's get started with a FREE remote session now, so we can chat directly and I'll change the phone number quickly for you. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=09ab09f6-2008-49a7-bd68-b403d8c8845c

On the page that opens up, click on "I Agree".

Follow the on-screen prompts to download and OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" remote file, and we will be connected.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
use free remote if this will clear up the problem
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Yes, please open up the following link now:

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Connected now; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Your issue has been resolved via the remote session now. Kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.