Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

Want to transfer email from comcast account to windows 8.1

Customer Question

want to transfer email from comcast account to windows 8.1 through the windows icon already filled in the imap account but can't get it to windows
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: comcast
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: talked to comcast per phone and to microsoft per phone
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 22 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

You mean you want to add your Comcast account within windows 8.1 correct?

And what is the error you get when you try to add it?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it already cost $47.00 to get nothing so far i don't want to spend another $39.00 so we can either email back and forth or i can get my money back.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i want to move my email from comcast to windows8.1. i want to be able to hit the start icon and then the mail icon to recieve my mail. i had already got the imap account and it worked until i sent an email a pop up said there was a problem and it could not be sent. now every time i try to get another imap account it says i already have one, and when i hit the mail icon all i get is a list of other accounts to subscribe to.
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.