Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

IMAP folder nolonger has inbox. Inbox therefore "we didn't

Customer Question

IMAP folder nolonger has inbox. Inbox therefore "we didn't find anything to show here". All my other folder are syncing as they are in the IMAP folder. How do I get IMAP to include the inbox.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Bigpond
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: My phone is continuing to get incoming mail. My laptop and computer are both synced for everything but inbox. All working well until Tuesday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Deleted and reinstated the account. In advanced setting for the account I have included Inbox as part of the folder settings. Test setting registers that everything is working and test mail goes to phone but not to computers.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should IMAP folder include inbox? It has sent, deleted, junk, drafts and therefore everytime I have deleted the account and reinstated it, all these folders have synced. Don't know how to get IMAP folder to re-register inbox as IMAP folder
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone with the problem please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
phone doesn't have problem it is my desktop computer and my laptop computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, if you connect via my link below

https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/dologin

can you see the inbox there? And all your emails.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Can you tell me what you mean with nothing? No emails? No Folders? What happened when you signed in?

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.