Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am trying to reinstall my email account on a new computer

Customer Question

Hi! I am trying to reinstall my email account on a new computer as my last computer died. Unfortunately, I cannot remember my password. Any advice would be very welcome, thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: bigpond.com
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through Thunderbird on my laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I was just trying to install Thunderbird on my new computer when it asked me for my password ***** the one I thought it was does not work.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** think of anything
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Did you try resetting the password ***** your Bigpond account as well?

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Please open up the following link now:

https://myacct.bigpond.com/forgottenPassword?execution=e2s1

Enter your Bigpond email address and your date of birth, and click Continue.

Next, follow the on-screen prompts to recover/reset your password ***** which you may then use to set up your email account in Thunderbird itself.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.