Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

A bcc to myself always goes to spam but I want it to go to

Customer Question

a bcc to myself always goes to spam but I want it to go to my in box. How can I change this?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Outlook
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through my outlook on my desktop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: all sorts of settings and in outlook the rules segment. Nothing applies to this situation.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happened about a few weeks ago after an update
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for contacting us about your issue. For this type of issue, it is easiest if I connect to your computer and perform the fix for you so that you can sit back, relax, and watch the process being completed rather than trying to follow complicated steps. I am sending you a remote services offer so that I can connect. After you accept the offer, I will provide you with the steps so I can connect. Please allow 1-2 minutes for the offer to appear.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am uncomfortable allowing an unknown service to remotely access my computer. Can you send the instructions to correct my problem to my e-mail?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Which year of Outlook do you have?

Which email provider are you using with Outlook?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it's Outlook 16, but still the most recent edition and we are using Comcast as our provider
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

The easiest way to fix the issue is to create a rule that all of your emails go into the Inbox.

1. On the File tab, choose Manage Rules & Alerts.

2. In the Rules and Alerts box, on the E-mail Rules tab, choose New Rule.

3. Under Start from a blank rule, choose either Apply rule on message I receive or Apply rule on message I send,

4. Choose Next, and then do the following:

• Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select which conditions (criteria) that you want the messages to meet (match) for the rule to apply.

and

• Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, choose an underlined value for any condition that you added, and then specify the value.

5. Choose Next, and then do the following:

• Under Step 1: Select action(s), select the action that you want the rule to take when the specified conditions are met.

and

• Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click an underlined value for any action that you added, and then specify the value.

6. Choose Next, and then do the following:

• Under Step 1: Select exception(s), select any exceptions to the rule, and then choose Next.

and

• Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, choose an underlined value for any exception that you added, and then specify the value.

7. Choose Next, and do the following:

• Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name.

and

• Under Step 2: Setup rule options, select the check boxes for the options that you want.

TIPS:

• To run the rule on messages that already are in the Inbox, select the Run this rule now on messages already in “Inbox" check box.

• To turn off the rule that is automatically turned on, clear the Turn on this rule check box.

• To apply the rule to all email accounts set up in Outlook, select the Create this rule on all accountscheck box.

8. Choose Finish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Josh, I already tried through the rules and alerts tab to fix this but none of the options applied to my problem. I have printed out your instructions and will try again. Are you going to wait while I do this or should I get back to you when I'm done?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

You can send a message here when you are finished. Please take your time

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I'll keep this site open and send you a message when I've finished. Thanks for waiting.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Okay, thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I tried it but it still went to the spam folder. Step 1 & 2 to me or my wife was the only applicable condition. There was no mention of bcc or blind copies. Next step "move copy to specified folder. step 2 inbox. Still no mention of Bcc. Next step had no exceptions. The rule was in my wife's and my name and it was turned in. I got about 10 copies in my in box of your email to me!!! What now?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there Josh?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Josh, your instructions don't apply to my problem. There is no mention of sending a bcc to myself to my in box.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay.

There isn't an option for BCC on the rules but there is an option to select an email address (yours) and have it sent to the Inbox folder when it comes thru.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK let me try that
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No Joy! Still sent to spam!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maybe somehow my address has been selected as spam and we need to turn off the instruction to do so?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Josh I solved the problem myself! I just asked the spam selector NEVER to select my address! Please could you not process my credit card amount. Let me know thanks.