Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer

My wife uses Thunderbird on a tablet and a PC. I would like

Customer Question

My wife uses Thunderbird on a tablet and a PC. I would like to build a contact file from all of the emails on her PC and import it into the tablet
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: Surface
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: thunderbird on tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The tablet broke and was replaced. This resulted in the loss of the address book. The address book on the Tablet and the address book on the PC are both empty. Ultimately I need to populate the address book on the Tablet. If possible I would like to load all of the unique email addresses from the received mail into the address book.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think of anything
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

There used to be a very helpful Add-On called Email Address Crawler but it no longer works for the latest versions of Thunderbird and the author is no longer updating it. You can add contact by using this forum post.

Then you can export the address books to a file that can be moved via USB drive and then imported into Thunderbird on the tablet. This link below has a step by step process for exporting and importing.

Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 20 days ago.

Let me know if this worked for you. I'd like to make sure you're satisfied.