James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Yahoo sent me an email saying I may have hacked. I also

Customer Question

Yahoo sent me an email saying I may have hacked. I also recieved an email from at& t telling me to change my password. So I need help in doing this.. I am very challenged.... so please help me
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: Was just notified today
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through web browser I go to chrome and click on my name and accounts
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not just got scared when I got on line this moening and saw the email from at&t and from yahoo
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I have 2 email accounts one for family and the other one for private.... like at&t posting my billing statements and airline news about flights etc
JA: Your bill will say:
Customer: I know that but wanted to let you know that I have 2 email addresses
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I can help you with this problem. The very first step that we need to do here is to verify if the emails are legitimate or a phishing email trying to steal your account information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and help you secure your accounts while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 19 days ago.

I just sent you the formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Thank you.