flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

Yahoo, web browser. i no longer have this phone you had

Customer Question

JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: yahoo
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser. i no longer have this phone you had listed that ended in 4927.I now live in a different state and bought a new phone. I am locked out because of the password. I want to delete my account. what info do you need? please help. I an a senior citizen. My FaceBook needs to be deleted too.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Ive tried the the self-help line, but when it came to the password ***** wrong, they could not send to the old phone number from Michigan. I now live is Texas. I also have a new yahoo account I use all the time. Please help me to delete this account. I would greatly appreciate your help!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I could not get into this account so opened a new FaceBook account with my same name. I have two accounts opened and need to delete the old one. Please help. My granddaughter told me I must delete the old account and also the Face Book account that is the old one that I can not access.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 18 days ago.

You don't really have to delete either of them.

You can just let them sit there and they will eventually close themselves due to lack of use.

unfortunately deleting an account requires that you prove ownership. If you could do that you would not need to delete them because you could have just kept using them.

The facebook account you might be able to get rid of by flagging it as identity theft. In that case they would send an email to the registered email on the account asking them to prove that they are the person in the account. When nobody answered them because nobody can get into the email account they will close the account.

But it doesnt really seem worth the bother. I know many people that have multiple facebook accounts and even more people that have an old one floating around that they don't remember and can't get into.