James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

We cannot access email or net because of problem detected by

Customer Question

We cannot access email or net because of problem detected by Aol. Our daughter is primary on account and she lives in Michigan. we are in NY
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: 2 days
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: usually via the web. we use the phones from time to time.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to reset password. That's as far as I can get. It would not accept the new P/W.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think our email address was used to spoof people. That started a month aga and those who opened it got a virus.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer to chat with me right now? Or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
windows
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My aol account issued a warning that our username and password ***** have been compromised. I tried resetting the password ***** it would not allow me to. We cannot access email or any other aol services. Our daughter and son in law own the account but live in another state. I am not sure if they are having problems. What do we do?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How come my credit card was charged $42.00 when I was told it was only $5.00 and that would be refunded to use this service?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jess, As you can see by the time line I was unable to see that you had answered me and needed help to access the website. Raymond got me to your site and told me you would be right with me. I have been sitting at this computer for 21/2 hours and waiting for a reply from you for more than an hour. I need to leave so I cannot wait much longer for you. What do I do now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back and I am very sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for you but then I went online after you have not responded to me.

Now I'm available if you are ready to resume. Please let me know anytime by replying to me here.