James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

U=verse tech support said to contact you, She was unable to

Customer Question

u=verse tech support said to contact you, She was unable to solve problem. Problem working with ATT yesterday, I got my e-mails back but they went into 'trash' Now I get no emails and my trash is gone. I need my email back.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: ATT u-verse - Yahoo
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: though my web browser - never by phone or tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday I worked with 4 troubleshooters in the uverse It took most of the afternoon so I have no idea what all they tried. Today I worked with only one at Uverse tech support. She tried to take control of the computer but was not successful
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was hacked Thurs or Friday (took my contacts list and e-mails), I then changed my password ***** still had no emails. Got my e-mails back with someone's help but they were in trash, today my daughter sent my two emails. One never came the other went into trash - Now even trash is gone
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

What does the email end in that you are trying to recover? @yahoo email?