Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I want to get my facebook on to my new email, which accont?

Customer Question

i want to get my facebook on to my new email
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: which accont?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: like i just said...i just set up a new account
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i just want to know how i get my facebook on to this new email
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

do you mean you have a new email account and you want facebook to now use this new email account?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

are you still able to sign into the Facebook account?

Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
no i wish i had the money lol
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

no problem, we continue here, but are you still able to sign into the Facebook account?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
no i cant get into my facebook....i forgot my password ***** i havent been on facebook for a few months as i was going through cancer treatment ...i got in touch with facebook to send me a new password ***** they sent it to hotmail....And of course i forgot THAT password *****!!! after many many trys to reset the hotmail password ***** said for me to set up and new email and i could get back on to my facebook
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

ok, you cannot change anything in facebook until you regain access to the account, else there would be no point to the security.

For the hotmail account, what exactly happened when you tried to reset that password?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
it said i didnt give them enough info to prove it was me...The only thing i used that for was to set up facebook...i didnt get mail or send messages
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

ok, then I will not mislead you or have you waste any further time on this, but you are not going to be able to regain access

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password.

It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Facebook being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Facebook states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not facebook, their policies, or the situation itself.