James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I must change my e-mail address associated with my Internet

Customer Question

I must change my e-mail address associated with my Internet provider or they will start charging me for the use. I actually have my e-mail account with Live Mail. What do I need to do to use g-mail e-mail address?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just now changing the e-mail address
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: live mail via web browser I believe
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none yet! gmail says I need to change my IMAP settings...I don't know how to do that
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't thing so
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 24 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 24 days ago.

My first concern here is if your email provider is going to charge you to continue using your email address, that normally means you are switching or cancelling internet service with that provider, is that the case?

This is important because while its easy for us to setup a gmail, or, or other email address.. You wouldnt receive your old email at the new address.

So first, can you clarify what the situation is with your email provider that way I can truly understand the details of your situation, that way I can provide accurate and thoughtful help. Thank you,

Dustin S