Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I cant reset my password, ive been trying for about a month

Customer Question

i cant reset my password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: ive been trying for about a month now....i only used it for facebook....
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: whats a web brwser??
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: omg....if i knew that i wouldnt need your help lol....i would like to get a new pass word to***@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did go somewhere on this site and asked for help but it only said to enter the last number the techs sent me was###-##-####???
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

What account are you trying to reset your password *****?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to hotmail... [email protected]
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hotmail
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

That email address is not recognized in the Hotmail system.

Please double check the email address

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i never used it for anything besides facebook.....i had to have my facebook password ***** and facebook sent it to hotmail...and wouldnt you know it i forgot the password ***** thast as well... now i cant get the password *****
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Please double check the email address because it is not registering in the Facebook system either.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
[email protected]
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ca
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that it is .ca and not .com

Do you have access to the email account [email protected]?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no...but i have *****@******.***
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, you cannot change the recovery email address until you have access to the account again.

The good news is that you can fill out the "Recover your account" form with Hotmail in order to recover it.

Click here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Select I forgot my password then Next

Enter your email address:***@******.***

Enter the letters that appear in the box and press Next

Select I don't have any of these and press Next

You are on the recover your account form now -- Please fill out this form. On this form, you can enter an email address that you do have access to so that they can email you.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
k... i tried that ..but like i said....i never used the email for anything so i didnt have any of the info they needed...they sent a message saying i didnt have enough info
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i found the password ********@******.***
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Great!

I sent a code to that email address -- Please provide me with that code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
which one??? stars
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I have sent a code to the stars account.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

How is everything going? I have not heard back from you in 30 minutes. I will need the code in order to reset your password.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im trying ...but lol
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ya so ...it says its the wrong password
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
could you try please?.....august1991
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ready to give up and just forget about this ...gggrrrr....wish i would have been born in the ninties instead of the sixties lol
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, if you cannot sign into your recovery email address then the account cannot be recovered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you send it to***@******.*** on.ca??
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

No, the recovery email address cannot be changed until you have access to the account. The reason that it cannot be changed is security purposes because if you could change the recovery email address without access to the account then anybody could reset your account password ***** changing it to an account that they have.

I wish it was possible but unfortunately, we are limited by Hotmail's recovery process and the recovery account on file with Microsoft.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im going to change the password ***** stars
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Okay, you will need access to the stars email in order to reset your other account. When you are able to sign into the stars account, I can send a code to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just waiting for them to send code
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Okay, let me know when you are signed into it.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I am just checking back in because I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.