Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I got a message yesterday the my account is being suspended

Customer Question

I got a message yesterday the my account is being suspended because of abuse. I have been receiving messages from people offering me grants, jobs, and "a girl from Brazil" etc. lately but I am a senior & have no interest in such. It says "Unsubscribe" but when I give my email address for such it never happens. For the past month, all my gmails go into "trash"...even those from friends!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Since August when I tried to access my account when I was at a hotel in Cody, Wyoming.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use my computer at my home.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to the Apple store, and the person there just moved my trash notes to my google mail place. She thought is just needed to be re-routed.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know why I got the message about abuse. Was it a hacker?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is very likely it was a hacker that obtain access to your details.

But, it's also very possible and likely this message was a fake, trying to get your details (it is a trick they use)

This message came as an email correct?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
the message came as an email.Please stop these messages from coming,,,and get my emails going into my gmail mail, not the "trash".
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Ok, first of all ignore that message, it is a fake message from someone trying to get your details, so please delete it.

For the second request, are you saying all your emails now go directly to the trash folder Muriel?

Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.